Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Future MILF check in

I don't think I lost anything this week. That doesn't mean that there wasn't progress, baby!

I discovered that Chai Luna bars are quite tasty.

Yesterday, I learned that I AM an emotional eater. I was on my way to get a big ass Subway sammich full of veggies on whole wheat bread (cause I do love that,) and Something Happened that pushed some buttons. As I was driving to Subway (on my way to run errands,) I was consumed by the desire for a red velvet cupcake from the bakery in our small town (they are DIVINE.) Earlier this week, I was pleasantly surprised at how I didn't want any of the baked goods or candy or any such nonsense at the store while I was shopping. I've always been tied up in knots about one thing or another that the eating for comfort was just something that I did. I thought I was just an undisciplined, lazy fat girl, and while I may indeed be those things, there is an emotional reaction going on that I didn't even realize. I was able to look it in the eye, call it what it was, and move on. No cupcake.

One week without Coca-Cola. I'm kinda jonesing for one right now. I'll have a big glass of pom-water* instead.

I discovered that there is strength in doing this with some other people, even though I don't know you all personally. I know that there is a group out there full of women who are going through the same struggles, the difficult choices, and we're gonna do this.

Yesterday, I got on the treadmill for thirty minutes. I was up most of the night with the baby and napped this morning. I was perfectly content with sitting here on the sofa and vegging out on the internet...maybe doing some knitting or making some of the beaded stitch markers (for knitting) that I now have all of the supplies to make. I thought about it. Thirty minutes, M'Lynn. You promised yourself. You promised Princess Punky Pants. I did it. My secret for passing the time is my collection of DVDs...I am watching Sex and the City from the beginning. When Chris Noth is on the screen, my walk has a little more sway in it (unrelated, but kinda related: when I'm in Manhattan, I wear Chanel Cristalle, cause I like it, and he said in an interview that he has a weakness for that scent. In the Fantasy World I Often Inhabit, this would cause him to tell me I smell terrific if I passed him on the street. That's all I need...just a little spring in my step and the approval of Mr. Big.) So, two days in a row. It's not a habit yet, but it's a step in the right direction, and an hour more exercise that I've done in a long time.

Oh, what you can do to make your toilet clean freeing up time for you to move your hiney. I got it a couple of months ago. It works.

I mentioned this in Mom O Matic's comments the other day. Karrie over at One Weird Mother said it is, indeed, the shizzle. I told Himself to forget bringing flowers. Maybe, he should bring home one of these (there is a Costco right by his office.) Of course, what I really want him to bring is over here, but I digress.

Oh, Karrie...I used to live in Somerville near Porter Square. Boy, did I ever need a SAD light that year!

Progress. That's what we're doing here. I'll check in with all of your blogs over the weekend!

*pom...the "m" kinda looks like an "r" and an "n" run together. That's a whole different kinda water.

4 comments:

Katie J said...

Watch out Mr. Big, M'Lynn, Future MILF, is in the city. Good luck. It's hard, ain't it?

I must know where the title of your blog comes from. All I can think of is "you can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat"!

Thailand Gal said...

Yes... what is the origin of your blog name? :)

Best of luck next week with the continued MILF.


Peace,

~Chani

Lotta said...

I do love good cleaning products, thanks! Also, giving up coke is HUGE. I would imagine it would be like giving up the ciggys.

karrie said...

I live near Union Square. :)

My favorite bar are Cliff's Lemon Nectar. Mmm!