Friday, January 5, 2007

Future MILF Weekly Weigh In and Shizzle!

Okay.

Here's the deal.

Behavior modification is what I'm doing. Strict dieting will fling me in the direction of a nasty eating disorder faster than you can say, "Nicole Richie," so I"m taking it slowly. I know that the dieting doesn't work. However, I AM going to be as healthy as I can to make sure that I am around to raise that gorgeous little girl sleeping up stairs and be a general pain in the ass (but in a good way,) to everyone.

Today? No Coca-Cola (aka Mother's Milk, aka Nectar of the Gods.) Oh, how I love it. Actually, it has been starting to taste funny as of late. Maybe, I'm successfully convincing my taste buds that high fructose corn syrup is, indeed, the devil.

So...I did have some sweet tea. I make it with 3 parts Splenda and 1 part sugar (straight up Splenda doesn't have the viscosity of sugar...the mouth feel is not right without a wee bit of syrup-iness.) I'm not sure if I can give up that sugar entirely. Right now, we're on the "no Coke, dammit" plan.

Water. I drank a lot today. I continue to drink it while I type this post (I think I'm gonna get one of those beer hats with the straw that comes down to my mouth so I can drink, drink, drink!) I like to put a splash of pomegranate juice in it, as it gives me some sweet, sweet antioxidants, and it makes the water taste like Kool Aid that you'd make as a kid (before that nutrasweet nonsense,) and you didn't mix the sugar in well enough, so it just tastes like barely fruity water? I get the blueberry mix, as, MORE ANTIOXIDANTS! and I love me some blueberries, as well.

I came up upon a fresh accident (car vs. deer) as I was going to the grocery to get dinner. Since I am a nurse, I always stop to see if anyone is hurt. Since said deer was in the middle of the lane, I parked my car in the lane with the hazards on so that no one else would come up and nearly hit it like I did. As a result, dinner quickly downshifted from anything involving me handling raw meat (I'm a notorious hypocrite. My meat comes from a styrofoam and plastic wrap factory.) and became Chinese take out. I carefully went over the menu, and instead of ordering what I really wanted (egg roll, crab rangoon, and greasy lo mein,) I ordered spicy tofu and broccoli (what I often order anyway,) brown rice and steamed (not fried!) dumplings.

While waiting for that, I went next door to the grocery, and among other things, I tried to purchase some yogurt. It never occured to me that most yogurt has our good friend, high fructose corn syrup, in it. I try to stay away from the nutrasweet and lean more to the splendiferous Splenda (which everyone will know is awful for us in about seven years.) I finally found some that had Splenda in it (Dannon Something with the word "Fit" in it...Sit and Be Fit, anyone?) I do have a yogurt maker. I tried making homemade yogurt for the peanut, but she is sensitive to the dairy. I tried the goats milk and what not. She still broke out in a rash. Now, I could make it with soymilk, but I got the Silk yogurt, and realized that after all of this, the peanut would rather feed herself things that crunch. I'll probably start making yogurt for my own self soon.

Fitness. I'm getting the same ick that the Himself has. I had a million errands to run today, so I parked far away from the stores I went to, and dammit, I attended the scene of an accident! I did order some fitness DVDs. I'm trying out the following (in addition the current bellydance DVD I bought, but never used, cause just the PURCHASING takes care of the fitness requirement, right? No? Okay...)

East Coast Tribal Bellydance
Island Girl Dance: Tahitian Cardio I clicked poorly! There is Tahitian Hip Hop! Which brings me to...
Quickfix Cardio Hip Hop Workout Cause I wanna get my dance on.

and last...but not least...
Stripilates

Oh, and to give myself a quick pick me up, I went to the hairdresser and got my hair cut in a sassy bob and had it dyed red...harlot red, with some blonde highlights in the front. I managed to put on makeup, and I dressed kinda nicely. As a result, the cute boy behind the counter at Borders was being a bit flirty. So, maybe I am on my way to MILF-itude (I'm right as rain with the term.) You know, in a Non Goal Oriented Flirting kinda way.

9 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

Love the hairstyle. I always stand by the motto that a good bob always perks a woman up. Combine that with some nice color and you've got yourself a great day!

Jenifer said...

Cool videos!

You'll have to give us a revire of them (especially Striplates) so i can decide if they are worth ordering!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I am a HUGE fan of red! Embrace your inner MILFness! I know I will! Good luck!

Jeanna said...

Welcome to the land of the Redheads! It's a fun place to be!

Good luck with the videos. I'm interested to see how you fair with the stripilates, too.

OhTheJoys said...

I used to crave sugar... no, NEEEEEED sugar. My post partum nurse recommended I take something called Chromium Picolonate (sp?) which you probably know more about than me, but it has helped curb the NEED for the syrup...

Katie J said...

My hair has the style now, but you are enticing me for a fun color! Keep on peein'!

Chicky said...

I love sweet tea, and have managed to wean myself down to 1/2 cup of sugar in 1 gallon of tea...considering that is the same sugar as just 2 cokes. it's a BIT better...LOL

I would SO buy a workout video if the Pussycat dolls put it out...I have Carmen electra's stripaerobics, but it's pretty tame, and lame :)

thailandchani said...

Oh, heaven! I could so easily get obsessive about this weight stuff. So far, 30 minutes of walking a day and reducing calories, quitting intravenous Diet Coke and doing some strength exercise is about as far as I'll go. :)

Peace,

~Chani

Future MILF Hopeful said...

Hey, love your plan - makes more sense than plain old deprivation. Things to do today - videos and a haircut.